These will be updated as further details of print publications emerge.
Also take a look at our Google Scholar page
STARSurg Collaborative Projects
- STARSurg Collaborative. Safety of Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs in Major Gastrointestinal Surgery: A Prospective, Multicenter Cohort Study. World Journal of Surgery, 2017;41(1):47-55.
- STARSurg Collaborative. Impact of post-operative non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs on adverse events after gastrointestinal surgery. British Journal of Surgery, 2014 ;101(11):1413-23.
- STARSurg Collaborative. Multicentre prospective cohort study of body mass index and postoperative complications following gastrointestinal surgery. British Journal of Surgery, 2016;103(9):1157-72.
(Suggested citation format for Curriculum Vitae: Bloggs J. (local collaborator/local lead [insert as appropriate]). STARSurg Collaborative. Impact of post-operative non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs on adverse events after gastrointestinal surgery. Brit J Surg, 2014 ;101(11):1413-23.)
STARSurg Study Protocols
- STARSurg Collaborative. Outcomes After Kidney injury in Surgery (OAKS): Protocol for a multi-centre, observational cohort study of acute kidney injury following major gastrointestinal and liver surgery. BMJ Open. 2016;6(1):e009812.
- Nepogodiev D, Chapman SJ, Glasbey J, Kelly M, Khatri C, Drake TM, Kong CY, Mitchell H, Harrison EM, Fitzgerald JE, Bhangu A. Determining Surgical Complications in the Overweight (DISCOVER): a multicentre observational cohort study to evaluate the role of obesity as a risk factor for postoperative complications in general surgery. BMJ Open 2015;5:e008811.
- Nepogodiev D, Chapman SJ, Glasbey JC, Kelly M, Khatri C, Fitzgerald JE, Bhangu A. Multicentre observational cohort study of NSAIDs as risk factors for postoperative adverse events in gastrointestinal surgery. BMJ Open. 2014;4(6):e005164.
Other Related STARSurg Publications
- Borakati A on behalf of the STARSurg Collaborative. Student Audit and Research in Surgery. Journal of the Assoication of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland. 2017 Jul;(50): pp 35-36.
- STARSurg Collaborative. Surging ahead in Research. Surgeons News. 2017 Jun; pp 34.
- Kong C, Glasbey J, Mohan M et al. Caution when interpreting anti-inflammatory drug effects in rat models of gastrointestinal anastomosis. Am J Surg. 2016 Jan;211(1):303-4.
- Drake TM, Nepogodiev D, Claireaux H. Selective vs Nonselective Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs and Anastomotic Leakage After Colorectal Surgery. JAMA Surg. 2015 Jul;150(7):686.
- Drake TM, Bath M, Claireaux HA, et al, On behalf of the STARSurg Student Collaborative. Training and trials: building a future. BMJ 2015; 350:h2772.
- Chapman SJ, Glasbey JC, Khatri C, Kelly M, Nepogodiev D, Bhangu A, Fitzgerald JE. Promoting research and audit at medical school: evaluating the educational impact of participation in a student-led national cohort study. BMC Med Educ. 2015;15(1):47.
- Khatri C, Chapman SJ, Glasbey J, Kelly M, Nepogodiev D, Bhangu A, Fitzgerald JE. Social media and internet driven study recruitment: evaluating a new model for promoting collaborator engagement and participation. PLoS One. 2015 ;10(3):e0118899.
- Chia Kong. The students revolutionising surgical research. Hospital Dr Blog.
- Ed Fitzgerald. STARSurg: Building the future of surgical research. Royal College of Surgeons of England Blog.
- Tom Drake. Collaboration, the way forward? The Lancet Student Blog.