These will be updated as further details of print publications emerge.
Also take a look at our Google Scholar page
STARSurg Collaborative Projects
- STARSurg Collaborative. Prognostic model to predict postoperative acute kidney injury in patients undergoing major gastrointestinal surgery based on a national prospective observational cohort study. BJS Open. 2018. doi:10.1002/bjs5.86
- STARSurg Collaborative. Association between peri-operative angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors and angiotensin-2 receptor blockers and acute kidney injury in major elective non-cardiac surgery: a multicentre, prospective cohort study. Anaesthesia. 2018; 73(10):1214-22.
- STARSurg Collaborative. Safety of Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs in Major Gastrointestinal Surgery: A Prospective, Multicenter Cohort Study. World Journal of Surgery, 2017;41(1):47-55.
- STARSurg Collaborative. Multicentre prospective cohort study of body mass index and postoperative complications following gastrointestinal surgery. British Journal of Surgery, 2016;103(9):1157-72.
(Suggested citation format for Curriculum Vitae: Bloggs J. (local collaborator/local lead [insert as appropriate]). STARSurg Collaborative. Impact of post-operative non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs on adverse events after gastrointestinal surgery. Brit J Surg, 2014 ;101(11):1413-23.)
STARSurg Study Protocols
- Eurosurg Collaborative. Ileus Management International (IMAGINE): protocol for a multicentre, observational study of ileus after colorectal surgery. Colorectal Disease. 2018; 20(1): O17-25.
- STARSurg Collaborative. Outcomes After Kidney injury in Surgery (OAKS): Protocol for a multi-centre, observational cohort study of acute kidney injury following major gastrointestinal and liver surgery. BMJ Open. 2016;6(1):e009812.
- Nepogodiev D, Chapman SJ, Glasbey J, Kelly M, Khatri C, Drake TM, Kong CY, Mitchell H, Harrison EM, Fitzgerald JE, Bhangu A. Determining Surgical Complications in the Overweight (DISCOVER): a multicentre observational cohort study to evaluate the role of obesity as a risk factor for postoperative complications in general surgery. BMJ Open 2015;5:e008811.
- Nepogodiev D, Chapman SJ, Glasbey JC, Kelly M, Khatri C, Fitzgerald JE, Bhangu A. Multicentre observational cohort study of NSAIDs as risk factors for postoperative adverse events in gastrointestinal surgery. BMJ Open. 2014;4(6):e005164.
Other Related STARSurg Publications
- Burke JR, Glasbey J, Nepogodiev D, Drake T, Blencowe N, Rooshenas L, Fitzgerald JEF, Fearnhead NS, Blazeby JM, Bach S, Bhangu A. Improving communication in recruitment to randomised controlled trials. The Bulletin of the Royal College of Surgeons. 2017 Jul;55(7): pp 260-63.
- Borakati A on behalf of the STARSurg Collaborative. Student Audit and Research in Surgery. Journal of the Assoication of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland. 2017 Jul;(50): pp 35-36.
- STARSurg Collaborative. Surging ahead in Research. Surgeons News. 2017 Jun; pp 34.
- STARSurg Collaborative. Students’ participation in collaborative research should be recognised. Int J Surg. 2017 Mar;39:pp. 234-37.
- Kong C, Glasbey J, Mohan M et al. Caution when interpreting anti-inflammatory drug effects in rat models of gastrointestinal anastomosis. Am J Surg. 2016 Jan;211(1):303-4.
- Drake TM, Nepogodiev D, Claireaux H. Selective vs Nonselective Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs and Anastomotic Leakage After Colorectal Surgery. JAMA Surg. 2015 Jul;150(7):686.
- Drake TM, Bath M, Claireaux HA, et al, On behalf of the STARSurg Student Collaborative. Training and trials: building a future. BMJ 2015; 350:h2772.
- Chapman SJ, Glasbey JC, Khatri C, Kelly M, Nepogodiev D, Bhangu A, Fitzgerald JE. Promoting research and audit at medical school: evaluating the educational impact of participation in a student-led national cohort study. BMC Med Educ. 2015;15(1):47.
- Khatri C, Chapman SJ, Glasbey J, Kelly M, Nepogodiev D, Bhangu A, Fitzgerald JE. Social media and internet driven study recruitment: evaluating a new model for promoting collaborator engagement and participation. PLoS One. 2015 ;10(3):e0118899.
- Chia Kong. The students revolutionising surgical research. Hospital Dr Blog.
- Ed Fitzgerald. STARSurg: Building the future of surgical research. Royal College of Surgeons of England Blog.
- Tom Drake. Collaboration, the way forward? The Lancet Student Blog.