Do you want to take a leading role in steering the UK’s most successful student collaborative?
Applications are now open for medical students from the UK to join the STARSurg (Student Audit and Research Society in Surgery) steering committee. Only applicants not in their final year at the time of application will be considered. A role on the STARSurg Steering Committee provides a great opportunity to take on a more senior role in leading the largest student research network in the UK, which has proved invaluable in future job applications, in particular the academic foundation programme.
This role involves the day-to-day running of STARSurg, yearly meetings, assisting in running events, working with sponsors, managing the regional leads and assisting with paper and protocol writing. You will be supported by other students and seniors within the STARSurg network where appropriate.
- A willingness to work in a team
- A passion for surgery and research
- Good leadership skills
- Effective time management
- Evidence of organisational skills (eg. Committee roles at Medical School/ other work/ past experiences)
- Good communication skills, organised
- A desire to get involved in writing protocols, papers
- Previous collaborator for STARSurg
- Previous local/regional lead for STARSurg
- Participation in event days (Hack Day, GRANULE)
- Any other research background/ projects/ awareness
To apply, please fill in the application form below which will contain three short questions to test your compatibility with this role, answers will be blind triple marked and those shortlisted will have a telephone interview. Most committee members remain on the committee for a range of 1-2 years.
**DEADLINE HAS PASSED, we have now decided on our team for the ongoing year but if you didn’t get a chance to apply next year, please sign up to our mailing list for future opportunities **
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org