A unique opportunity for involvement in clinical research and audit has arisen at the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital in Birmingham.
Applications are invited for this post to work in the Department of Upper Gastrointestinal Surgery, University Hospitals Birmingham during the two month summer vacation. A suitable medical student will gain an insight into the whole spectrum of Upper GI Surgery as well be specifically involved in a research project. This project is typically cancer related.
Suitable candidates will be interviewed. Entry criteria includes:
• Senior (4th or Final Year) medical student
• The candidate can be from any UK medical school
• Interested in Upper GI surgical research
• Evidence of previous training in research methodology or database management (MS Access, MS Excel, SQL) and statistics would be very desirable
• Available for appointment during the Summer break 2015
• An eight week period (not necessarily continuous) is anticipated
Please click here for further details and how to apply