Do you want to take a leading role in steering the UK’s leading student research collaborative?
Applications are now open for medical students from the UK to join the STARSurg (Student Audit and Research Society in Surgery) steering committee. Only applicants not entering their final year of study in Autumn 2020 will be considered. A role on the STARSurg Steering Committee provides a great opportunity to take on a more senior role in leading the largest student research network in the UK, which has proved invaluable in future job applications, in particular the Academic Foundation Programme.
This role involves the day-to-day running of STARSurg, yearly meetings, assisting in running events, working with sponsors, managing regional leads and assisting with paper and protocol writing. You will be supported by other students and seniors within the STARSurg network where appropriate.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we envisage the committee taking a slightly different role this academic year as we will not be able to run a project as we normally would. However, we will be focusing on other activities, which will include development of educational content for students and supporting other COVID-19 related research.
- Excellent communication and team-working skills
- A passion for surgery and research
- Good leadership skills
- Effective time management
- Evidence of organisational skills (eg. committee roles at Medical School/other work/past experiences)
- A desire to develop or refine academic writing skills
- Previous involvement in STARSurg or other collaborative projects.
- Participation in previous STARSurg activities (Hack Day, GRANULE).
- Any other research background/projects/awareness
- Any special skill sets or interests e.g. graphic design, website development, social media, coding experience etc.
To apply, please fill in the application form which will contain four short questions on this role, answers will be blind triple marked and those shortlisted will have a telephone interview.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: Wednesday 24th June 23:59